Our client is a boutique consultant company looking for an accountant to perform professional accounting, budget analysis and reviews, and provide comprehensive accounting knowledge and technical assistance for divisions; to develop, prepare, audit, revise, and/ or maintain a variety of accounting, budget and financial reports, statements, transactions, and records in accordance with applicable laws, codes and regulations; and to perform related duties as assigned.
– Prepares asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
– Documents financial transactions by entering account information.
– Recommends financial actions by analyzing accounting options.
– Summarizes current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports.
– Substantiates financial transactions by auditing documents.
– Maintains accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
– Develops systems and procedures to ensure the efficient and effective management of the company’s finances.
– Guides accounting clerical staff by coordinating activities and answering questions.
– Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
– Secures financial information by completing data base backups.
– Maintains financial security by following internal controls.
– Prepares payments by verifying documentation, and requesting disbursements.
– Answers accounting procedure questions by researching and interpreting accounting policy and regulations.
– Complies with local financial legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to accounting standards, and advising management on needed actions.
– Prepares special financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
– Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping financial information confidential.
– Acts as the main point of contact to external auditors and provide all required information.
– Recommends changes that will improve the company’s financial performance and financial controls.
– Bachelor Degree in Accounting
– 5 to 7 years of relevant experience required with at least 3 years regional experience
– MS Excel
– Knowledge of UK GAAP and IFRS
– Fully qualified accountant (CA, ACA, ACCA or CIMA)
Note: Already residing in the UAE is preferred.
About the Company
Studio International Engineering Consultants was established in Dubai in November 2014 as a boutique design studio comprised of Architects, Planners and Project & Development Managers. The practice’s actual formation started several months earlier when its key members formed a new department in Abu Dhabi in association with Arabtec Holding.