Client is an international logistics company looking for a new accounting manager to join their finance team in Dubai.
– You will be responsible for the quality of internal control, which implies that he/she guarantees that all the companies’ group accounting procedures are correctly enforced.
– Providing the Financial Director with reliable decision making financial information.
– You will be managing the staff of the accounting department which would be around 4 to 5 employees
Areas of Responsibility
– You will need to perform the account closing process, to summarize the data, journal entry preparation and review of completeness and correctness of the account coding and supporting documents.
– Verify the accuracy of all general ledger entries.
– This is done before being processed to ensure the monthly accounts are closed correctly within the time given and comply with Company Accounting Instruction.
– Ensure discrepancies or differences are brought to the attention of the Finance Manager and the appropriate action is taken.
– To handle the tax and audit activities
– Provide the data analysis, reports and the ad hoc financial reports to management on business performance.
– To ensure accounting practices comply with procedures.
– Responsible for completing the financial statement, budget preparation, financial package and cash flow.
– To take responsibility for accounting standards.
– Ensure timely year-end audit including internal audit.
– To supervise, develop and maintain all functions of the accounting systems.
– Western educated ONLY- must have been located in these countries.
– Diploma or degree in Accounting. CPA is an advantage.
– At least 8 – 10 years’ experience in overall accounting and finance, strong in commercial finance is preferred
– Immediately available
– Good understanding of local accounting standards and tax laws.
– Excellent oral, written and presentation skills in English.
– French speakers have an advantage.
– Strong MS Office skills
– Highly knowledgeable, experienced in transaction processing and system implementation
– Strong analytical skills.
Benefits include: Flights+ Bonus+ Increment every year+ Medical
Key Demographic Requirements – applicants must be:
- Based in UAE
- English Speaking Countries National
About the Company
Mackenzie Jones Middle East has decades of recruitment expertise in various industry sectors. Along with a deep understanding of key market sectors and regions, we never forget to treat clients, companies and candidates as individuals who have unique needs.
So we always listen, constantly learn, occasionally challenge and frequently advise. Its all part of a service renowned for its courtesy, consideration and dedication. Based in Dubai since 2006, our office covers the GCC and Levant countries and with the right regional expertise, we are the leading specialists.
Were growing rapidly because people appreciate our honesty, commitment and results.